Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52

Thread: Growing Hearts

  1. #31
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Growing Hearts

    I am not saying take NASA out completely (though i wouldnt care if they did) but yes it has brought some good, but a lot that "exploration" is unecessary and a waste.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Growing Hearts

    IMO, it's short sighted to assume that we don't have the brain power to advance technology unless it is done through space exploration or war.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #33
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Growing Hearts

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMO, it's short sighted to assume that we don't have the brain power to advance technology unless it is done through space exploration or war. </div></div>


    Sure it can but it is alot tougher to find big breakthrough that are not related to the 2

  4. #34
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Growing Hearts

    I dont agree with the war part, because with NASA there arent any lives lost advancing technology.

  5. #35
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Growing Hearts

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Counts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not so sure do you think that without WWII We would have developed Rockets, Jets, or Atomic energy?


    </div></div> I think the rockets and jets were about finished before WWII started. Hitler would have had a jet fighter in a timeframe to help with the war, but he would not let go of the fighter/bomber platform.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Growing Hearts

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont agree with the war part, because with NASA there arent any lives lost advancing technology. </div></div>

    Not exactly correct. There have been quite a few people lost as part of NASA testing and exploration.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #37
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Growing Hearts

    How? I mean I really cant think of too many except for those 2 space shuttles exploding.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Growing Hearts

    Yep...quite a few. Prolly the greatest innovation that changed life more than anything in the 20th century was the airplane. It wasn't invented out of war or space exploration....it was adapted for both tho. On the theory that innovation comes more from war or space travel, I think you may be putting the cart before the horse.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #39
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Growing Hearts

    One rocket destructed on the launch pad back in the 60s...and I'm sure there have been fatalities on training missions.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #40
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Growing Hearts

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Counts</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMO, it's short sighted to assume that we don't have the brain power to advance technology unless it is done through space exploration or war. </div></div>


    Sure it can but it is alot tougher to find big breakthrough that are not related to the 2 </div></div>
    It could be because we have always justified spending enough to save the world, trying to destroy it. Given a larger budget, other programs would have made the breakthroughs. If we funded the weather projects like defense and spying on ourselves, they would have gotten to the sats. Communication companies would also be pushing the deal.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •